Ditch RiderJanuary 17, 2020
The City of Wendell is Seeking Contract Labor for the 2020 Ditch Rider (Irrigation) Season
Below are some of the requirements of this Contract:
- Ditch rider will burn ditches and clean head gates.
- Ditch rider will provide manpower, vehicle and cell phone to accommodate water delivery to irrigation users in Wendell.
- The City of Wendell will provide weed burner, propane, and weed spray for Ditch Rider’s use to maintain ditches.
- With the approval of the Mayor and/or Wendell City Council, City will provide pipe, tins, head gates, and material required to make small repairs. Locks and keys will be provided by the City.
- The City is responsible for irrigation pumps, Ditch Rider will grease and maintain pumps and equipment as needed.
- Ditch Rider will notify the City of any misuse or unauthorized use of irrigation water.
- Ditch rider will provide general liability insurance in the minimum amount of $500,000.
For more information contact Lesley Sandoval at Wendell City Hall 208-536-5161
Sealed bids will be accepted at the Wendell City Clerk’s Office until February 28, 2020 at 5:00 p.m.
The City reserves the right to reject any or all bids, to waive any informality in a bid, and to make award in the best interests of the City