Boil Water AdvisoryJune 23, 2021
DRINKING WATER WARNING
Este informe contiene información muy importante sobre su agua potable.
Tradúzcalo o hable con alguien que lo entienda bien.
System Name and PWS ID#: City of Wendell 5240028
BOIL WATER ADVISORY
– Hierva su agua antes de usaria –
This boil water advisory is not in response to the COVID-19 pandemic.
– Esta alerta de hervir el agua no es en respuesta a la pandemia de COVID-19. –
Due to Drop in Pressure
We routinely monitor the conditions in the drinking water distribution system. On 6/23/2021we experienced a drop in water pressure below 20 psi/loss of pressure due to loss of power at the well house. A drop in/loss of water pressure creates conditions that could allow contamination to enter the distribution system through backflow, by backpressure, or back-siphonage. As a result, there is an increased chance that the drinking water may contain disease-causing organisms.
What should I do?
- DO NOT DRINK THE WATER WITHOUT BOILING IT FIRST. Bring all water to a boil. Let it boil for one minute and let it cool before using, or use bottled water. Boiled or bottled water should be used for drinking, making ice, brushing teeth, washing dishes, and food preparation until further notice. Boiling kills bacteria and other organisms in the water.
- You may continue to use your water to wash your hands using soap and water for at least 20 seconds. (Puede seguir utilizando el agua para lavarse las manos usando jabón y agua por lo menos 20 segundos.)
- Inadequately treated water may contain disease-causing organisms. These organisms include bacteria, viruses, and parasites, which can cause nausea, cramps, diarrhea, and associated headaches.
- The symptoms above are caused by many types of organisms. If you experience any of these symptoms and they persist, you may want to seek medical advice. People at increased risk should seek advice about drinking water from their health care providers.
What is being done?
Power has been restored. The proper samples are being taken monitor for contaminates
We will inform you when you no longer need to boil your water. We anticipate resolving the problem within 48 hours.
For more information, please contact Tim Harris at (208) 420-2199 or email@example.com
Please share this information with all the other people who drink this water, especially those who may not have received this notice directly (for example, people in apartments, nursing homes, schools, and businesses). You can do this by posting this notice in a public place or distributing copies by hand or mail.
This notice is being sent to you by City of Wendell.
PWS ID #: 5240028. Date distributed: 6/23/2021