Wendell features a number of downtown buildings and homes built during Wendell’s early days that still exist.
Wendell’s historic “Hub City” sign was first dedicated on December 16, 1946. The sign hung over Idaho Street for nearly 50 years. The sign was deemed unsafe in 2002 and taken down. The sign was rededicated in 2009 at its current location at the city’s south entrance.
Historic Wendell buildings and landmarks:
|Year Built||Original Name||Current Name||Location|
|1908||Wendell State Back||El Tapatio||88 South Idaho Street|
|1909||Riderbaugh’s Rooming House||Wendell Motel||115 South Idaho Street|
|1909||Wendell Theater Company||B Avenue and Boise Street|